The change in seasons can often leave us wondering what to wear. Luckily, if there’s a Goodwill – there’s a way.
- Layer up. Many spring mornings are chilly, but the afternoons can really heat up. Adding layers to your outfit not only adds a great accessory, but also functionality in this season of inconsistent temperatures. See what variety of cardigans, vests and jackets are waiting for you at your local Goodwill.
- Bright colors and prints. Feeling like you don’t have enough spring colors or prints in your closet? No worries. Goodwill has ample colors and a variety of prints to choose from. Mix and match some of your favorite colors with some of your favorite prints for multiple spring looks.
- Statement pieces. A pair of flower patterned heels or bold colored jewelry can add the perfect pop to your outfit. Statement pieces are meant to add a little fun to your outfit, so why not have fun thrifting for them at your local Goodwill?
Wintry weather is a great excuse to catch up on some shopping! To stay up on the latest trends and brace for cooler climates while going easy on your wallet, consider visiting a Goodwill near you for some second-hand treasures. Here are a few tips to make your winter thrifting a breeze:
- Layer up and accessorize. Winter is the perfect season to bundle up in layers and accessories. Scarves, hats and cardigans all add to your winter look while keeping you warm. For extra chilly days you may even want to throw in mittens and earmuffs. Look for colors and patterns you love to find the right balance of comfort and style.
- Be on the lookout for daily deals and specials. Of course this tip doesn’t strictly apply to winter. As a thrifter, being aware of daily deals is important because it’s a smart way to save even more while thrifting. Stay up to date with the Color of the Week deals (the color changes every Sunday), senior discount day on Tuesdays and Thank You Thursdays for veterans, firefighters, police and EMS workers.
- Find your winter coat, without spending a fortune. With a wide variety of fabrics to choose from, search for coats that will keep you warmest this winter! Our stores are regularly stocked with a variety of winter coats. Whether you prefer wool, fleece, down, leather or cotton, there’s a good chance your local Goodwill has exactly what you’re looking for. Winter coats don’t have to cost a fortune, especially if you know you’ll only wear it four months out of the year.
- Don’t limit your search to sizing! Winter is a season where oversized sweaters can be fashionable, and of course, cozy. Check out sections with the colors you’re looking for and remember to not be scared to buy a size or two bigger!
- Jeans. Jeans. Jeans. Can one ever have too many pairs of jeans? Dark colored jeans, light colored jeans, skinny jeans, flare jeans, jeans with holes or even high waist jeans. Shopping for jeans can be overwhelming and exhausting, but save the stress and your money because there’s a pair for everyone at Goodwill.
For more thrifting tips and inspiration visit our Pinterest page at https://www.pinterest.com/goodwillng/. Find a Goodwill store near you at www.goodwillng.org/locations.